Humanity. This word exists, because of people like Kalash Satyarthi, or Malala Yousufzai, who make this world a better place to live in.
But, you don’t need to be a Nobel Laureate to be humane. Humanity comes from the smallest of things, which seem insignificant, but aren’t really.
Kindness, compassion, love. The three values that define humans, have been endangered for a long time now, and it is time that we bring it back.
Don’t think big. Not everyone can open up a school for the impoverished. But, the small things in life, that we overlook, but hurt us when someone doesn’t provide us with it.
That’s where the nail is, and that is where it needs to be hit. Be the ‘God of Small Things’.
1. Smile as much as you can. You never know, when you make someone’s day.
2. Pick up trash properly. Earth needs to be saved, not killed just because you decided it wasn’t your trash. If someone else can deal with yours, you are obliged to deal with theirs.
3. Deal with someone’s expenses that don’t burden on your expenses. For someone’s coffee, or a bus ticket. For the smile they would give you in return, would be enough.
4. Pet as many dogs, cats, cows, horses, any animal you can see. They need love too. Also, they would appreciate it more than humans.
5. Blood donation is one of the few things that you can do to save someone directly. As it stands, most hospitals lack the blood when it is of utmost importance. When that happen, you can donate yours. This will save someone’s life, and also replenish yours.
6. Spend a few minutes daily, talking to someone you have never seen before, and someone you won’t ever see. You have no idea, how grateful they would be for your thoughtfulness. Just don’t be creepy!