1. Just because someone is being nice to you, you don’t have to make efforts to fall in love with them. Kindness is just one of the qualities you need in a relationship and not everything.
2. Social media platforms such as Tinder are not the place to find the love of your life.
3. Believing in old and outdated rules such as ‘The girl never texts first’, first of all- these rules don’t make any sense. Secondly who even made them that you have to follow them.
4. Do not resent your singlehood. Relationship does not equal happiness. If you cannot be content and happy being with yourself, you won’t ever find it with someone else.
5. Your inhibition towards tough conversations is not a healthy outlook for a relationship. If you want things to work out you will have to brace such talks.
6. Losing your individuality just so that you seem more likable to another person. You will have to be your own person if you want long lasting happiness.
7. If you use alcohol as a crutch to talk to guys, you need to stop doing that. We all have some inhibitions while dealing with the opposite sex but this is not the way to deal with them.
8. Not taking initiative when it comes to planning your dates is again not a rule that you should be following.
9. Never settle for a relationship which is causing you distress and unhappiness. Don’t let your desperation be in charge when it comes to settling down.
10. Comparing your partner with the men who came before him is not a healthy attitude and if he then decides to leave you for it, he’d be justified.
11. Not expressing yourself, especially about things that you care about because you don’t want conflict or disagreement is harmful.
12. Dating virtually won’t get you anywhere.
13. Another way of always making comparisons, by looking at the relationships of your friends and so on is again not advisable.
14. And most important of all, give up on the pessimistic attitude that you will never find love. Believe that you are worthy of love and you will find it when the time is right.