You might have come to the realization that you are a Yes-Man or Woman.
Well, most of the times it is a good thing. In a world where people are becoming increasingly selfish it is nice to have people who genuinely want to help out others. But if it is coming at the expense of your own priorities and goals, then you need to make some changes.
You need to learn to say ‘no’ sometimes and disappoint people; and even more important than that, you have to be completely okay with it and not feel horrible afterwards.
Here are 6 tips to help you do that.
1. Realize your limitations and know that you cannot always do everything- You already have obligations of your own and you only get 24 hours a day. Sometimes it is just not possible to help everyone even if you want to.
2. Sometimes providing an alternative is better than actually doing it yourself- By suggesting something relevant which would indeed be helpful to them, you are helping them and at the same time making yourself a priority.
3. You have the right to deny people things without apologizing for it- You apologize when you have done something wrong. There is nothing wrong in saying no to someone if you can’t help them.
4. Try to understand why is it that you always need to say yes- Find out the reason why you always have to say yes and you will be able to make a more informed decision.
5. Know that you and your time is valuable as well- Helping others is good, but not when it comes at your own expense. Recognize your worth and don’t be a pushover.
6. Have something you can always use to get out of situations you don’t want to be in- You might stutter and stammer when asked a favor unexpectedly. But if you have a generic phrase which can be used to get out of a lot of similar situations, it would be much easier to just use it instead of timidly agreeing to whatever is being asked of you.
Share This Article With Your Friends And Family And Help Us Spread Love And Light